Remember when I was going to do better about blogging? Haha. Oops.
But that's okay! I'll just blog today and pretend like I've kept at it the whole time. On to the fun stuff!
Top Five Cute Things Baby Girl (Codename: The Burrito) Has Done Recently:
1. Sing "I Love You, You Love Me" to herself before she falls asleep. I am not to blame for this (because Momma does not care for Barney so we'll watch anything but that creepy purple dinosaur), but she's picked it up, and I gotta admit, it's freaking adorable when she sings it in her room.
2. She is OBSESSED with the song "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs. Daddy got her hooked on it. So now whenever we get in the car she'll politely ask for Ruby and sing along. And again, it's super freaking cute.
3. Burrito now knows all of the alphabet and can count to ten! Yay!
4. Bubbles are the best thing ever. We're working on teaching her to blow them herself, but so far she loves to chase them around the yard and try to pop them.
5. She likes to SNUGGLE! This is a big one for Momma because since the time she was about six months old the child doesn't sit still long enough for a proper snuggle. But lately she's been really into getting her blankets (yes, blankets-we have to have 3 of them to snuggle properly) and snuggling with Momma before bedtime. Which of course, Momma loves <3
Not too long ago we converted to a toddler bed so now we're really working on Potty Training. She likes to sit on the potty, but she doesn't do a whole lot while there. I made a cute Potty Chart for her to put stickers on (she looooves stickers) but the dang cat yanked it off the wall and attacked it.
Some days, I really prefer Belle over Oscar. (Not that he minds, he spends all the time snuggling with The Husband and ignores me. I repeat: Dang cat.)
Despite failing on the blogging part of my New Year's Resolution, I've done pretty well with the other ones. In March I ran/walked the St. Patrick's Day Parade and in June I'm doing the Color Run. Hopefully I'll be ready for the 5k. I've been getting up at the crack of dawn to jog on my own in the mornings (If you know me at all you'll know what an accomplishment that is--the mornings are my mortal enemy). I'm still not very good, but I figure doing some is better than doing nothing and that someday I'll get there.
I'm still querying agents for the book I wrote-I had one ask for the manuscript (which got me ALL. KINDS. OF. EXCITED.) but she ultimately decided to pass. It was a crushing letdown, but I'm still trying. Again, better than doing nothing. And at least I'm not obsessivly checking my email every two seconds to see if I have a reply anymore. That was probably beginning to annoy The Husband. ;)